Cartoons

That's because the Position range is from -0,5 to 0,5 (origin is 0) and the gradient input is clipping the negative half to zero.
Adding +0.5 should work.

That does it, thanks. Now I know what your add node was for.

Attachments

• Gradient alt setup.jpg
    Gradient alt setup.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 490
As an aside:

it would be great if we could get an (x,y,z) vector out of state that was in [0,1] where 0 = min bounds and 1 = max bounds for each coordinate.

Wolf

One for the road. That's it folks! :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Wolf.jpg
    Wolf.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 498
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.53.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.53.02.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 505
Thank's for the lowpoly view.
I'm always impressed how smooth and organic your renderings are.
:icon_thumbup:

Thanks dude. To be honest I find these simple faces much harder to do than I thought, keeping it smooth is very tricky. It's much easier to hide things when you have creases here and there. I'm working on some kids next, super smooth, my least favourite things to draw or build.

FrankenSwine

Cheetah and Photoshop. This is pretty much the final in this series. Just done for own amusement. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• FrankenSwine-lo.res.jpg
    FrankenSwine-lo.res.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 434
Terry this is great! Nice details the bacon and sausage the bubbles the seams/tear on the too small coat the hobnail? boots etc. very cool man.
Oh yeah almost forgot the bugger. The name too.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. I'm going to redo the background, I want simple but got carried away as usual. The detail takes away the 60s simplicity I was looking for - I think. This guy stands on his own without texture. I'm thinking Jetsons and the background is throwing me off.:redface:

Attachments

• Dr-Frankenswine2_670.jpg
    Dr-Frankenswine2_670.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 422
Yet another, I'm trying to stop making them but I don't seem to be able to. I might be an addict. Cheetah with a tad of Photoshop. I have 60 now, I thought I would have been finished long, long ago but, I'm already starting a new one. Doh!

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Villain-1.jpg
    Villain-1.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 350
Yet another, I'm trying to stop making them but I don't seem to be able to. I might be an addict. Cheetah with a tad of Photoshop. I have 60 now, I thought I would have been finished long, long ago but, I'm already starting a new one. Doh!

Cheers
Terry

Hey Terry, Have you tried facial morphs, if you do let me know how it goes.
I need to see how someone achieves this.

Not crazy about this guy, although I'm not sure why, maybe the hair? Or maybe he's just not minimal enough? :confused:

Attachments

• Lloyd-2.jpg
    Lloyd-2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 371
Hey Terry, Have you tried facial morphs, if you do let me know how it goes.
I need to see how someone achieves this.

Yes Bob but only for animation. They work well, although a bit tricky. Take a look at this, it's very old, like me. :smile:

Attachments

• Morph.zip
    100.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 16.44.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 16.44.19.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 378
Tree Monster

I like this guy. The design is minimal, eyes and nose on a plant. :smile:

Attachments

• Tree-Monster_670.jpg
    Tree-Monster_670.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 353
Yes Bob but only for animation. They work well, although a bit tricky. Take a look at this, it's very old, like me. :smile:

Cool Thanks I spent yesterday learning to use morphs actually pretty easy.
Here are some books I'm Morphing.L>R: 1.None 2.Lean 3. Size 4.One Book Down 5. Stack.
This is fun.
@Terry just wait for it I'm 70.

Attachments

• MorphLearning.jpg
    MorphLearning.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Great stuff as always.

Now I'd like to see some comic sketches made with those (no animation, just 1-2 pics and text lines) :smile:

Thanks dude. You mean a comic strip? I have actually thought about that, but the work involved is kind of scary. About a 3 month job I'd say. :smile:

Back