Cartoons

:)
@ TerryG Thanks for the information.

@ TerryG and Uncle808us:
The two of you never cease to awe me with your creative styles.
Your attics must be overflowing with fun visualizations.

Thanks for showing us some of your treasures.

My Best
Jeanny

Drac

Thanks guys.

Yep, I've got a few hats now, Bob.

As far as 'how to?' All I can say is work with a very simple mesh. It is tricky though, cartoons are fine tweaks.

Cheers
Terry :smile:

Attachments

• Drac.jpg
    Drac.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 436
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 19.45.08.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 19.45.08.png
    53 KB · Views: 442
Great work and a stunning variety of ideas, expressions, moods...

It would be great to see this material combined with a story into a graphic novel!

Witch

Thanks guys. Yes I'm thinking if I get enough to mix and match it will be like Mr Potato Head. And a graphic novel could be very possible with enough of an interchangeable collection. A ways to go yet though, kids and animals and women to come.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Witch.jpg
    Witch.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 409
It’s been amazing to see your style evolve over time. These are all terrific. I’d love to see you post more mesh shots and conceptual sketches (assuming you do any) together with the models.

Thanks guys. Yes I'm looking for big personalities. I feel I'm getting closer but a ways off yet. Although exactly what I'm looking for I'm not sure? Simplicity in character I guess. Can't post sketches, no scanner. But the sketch does help for sure, works out the problems before I start, then 3D is tweaking. I do create a mood-board/character reference page first. I like to see my options. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Rooster1.jpg
    Rooster1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 16.40.48.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 16.40.48.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 427
Lion

The hair is a whole project itself here, but the character is still very simple.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 421
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 05.40.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 05.40.31.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 431
Toon Hair struggled with that also there should be an easier way but that's modeling. Also @Terry thanks for the wireframes very informative.:icon_thumbup:

Toon Hair struggled with that also there should be an easier way but that's modeling. Also @Terry thanks for the wireframes very informative.:icon_thumbup:

Yes Bob, the hair is a pain. Normally I'd take it into Cinema 4D for hair, but I don't want that real hair look. What I have here isn't working in my opinion. It needs to be blocked out, so I'll try again. There is a way, I think, I hope. Plus I forgot his ears - Doh!

Cheers
Terry

Yes Bob, the hair is a pain. Normally I'd take it into Cinema 4D for hair, but I don't want that real hair look. What I have here isn't working in my opinion. It needs to be blocked out, so I'll try again. There is a way, I think, I hope. Plus I forgot his ears - Doh!

Cheers
Terry

Did not notice lack of ears, and I think the hair looks good fit the character well in my opinion.:icon_thumbup:

I like the hair better this colour. But I still think it looks busy. I'm trying to block it out more. Big chunks of hair shapes. I think more like the Professor character - I think.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• lion2.jpg
    lion2.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 390
Doc

I think I'm getting closer but not there yet. I didn't work from a sketch and I should have, so he turned out an odd doctor. Must do sketch next time.

Cheers
Terry:smile:

Attachments

• Doc-1.jpg
    Doc-1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 380
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 03.00.59.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 03.00.59.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 394
Back