I had to throw this one up here. Dave Hill from Slade. Saucy. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• GlamRocker.jpg
    GlamRocker.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 410
Promo Sheet 2018

After a year this is finally complete. Putting them all together it finally makes sense, so I guess it was worth it. I hope it was worth it anyway. I guess I'll find out soon enough as I start to bombard my LinkedIn connections. Fingers tightly crossed on this on.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• lo-res.jpg
    lo-res.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 392
After a year this is finally complete. Putting them all together it finally makes sense, so I guess it was worth it.

TerryG, these are really good.
Thanks for sharing the screenshots of the wireframes.
The art really is in simplifying something complex.

I was curious, when you started posting the first ones,
if they were for a client, or on spec, or as a hobby.
I hope they pay off for you.

TerryG, these are really good.
Thanks for sharing the screenshots of the wireframes.
The art really is in simplifying something complex.

I was curious, when you started posting the first ones,
if they were for a client, or on spec, or as a hobby.
I hope they pay off for you.

Thanks Zoo, yes they make sense together, although it wasn't a plan, more of an afterthought. :smile:

Jdmac, yes it is purely keeping it simple, as simple as possible in a sense. Detail is in the props, not the faces, that it seems, makes them work. At some point I'll post a step by step guide to how I make them, if anyone is interested. They came about because I was helping another illustrator working on 78 kids books for Oxford University Press, so yes it was a job. The illustrator was Bill Ledger, quite well known in the business. As they were asking me for character designs the penny dropped. And a year later I have 30 characters. More if I include the duds. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but I knew I wanted simplicity. I see so many 3D cartoons that seem so overworked, too much detail and texture, they look creepy, so I tried to avoid that. Now I launch this work, I'm hoping for some nice responses, if not, I'm not sure I can do much more, this is it. :smile:

At some point I'll post a step by step guide to how I make them, if anyone is interested.
I am very interested!
The sheet looks great.
You should have no problems with that crew working for you although I would keep my eye on some of them. :p ;)

I am very interested!
The sheet looks great.
You should have no problems with that crew working for you although I would keep my eye on some of them. :p ;)

Thanks Bob, yes they are a motley crew. I'll post something soon, a very quick tutorial in pics. :smile:

Mad Cow

I'm not saying this is my ex but, it does look a bit like her. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Cow-lo.res.jpg
    Cow-lo.res.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 435
Thanks jdmac, the bouncer is one of two that will be part of a mini animated comedy clip series. Although quite honestly I can't see my friend, who's idea it was, to EVER get this off the ground. But it's a nice thought though. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• Vicar.jpg
    Vicar.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 386
Terry
This is the cutest guy ever!
He looks gentle and approachable.
What is this scenario depicting?
It seems he is a clergy - but what is depicted by the lightbulb?

As always I like all your work.

My Best
Jeanny

Thanks Jeanny. He just has a bright idea!:smile:

Yes Bob.:icon_thumbup:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• cop-1_670.jpg
    cop-1_670.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 366
:smile: Ah! Good Call Uncle808
I normally would think of Rays of light . . .
but the light bulb would be a more clever way of conveying the message

My Best
Jeanny

Back