LeCaricature

LeCaricature

Hi there.
I want to show my latest piece in Cheetah3d. Made as a gift to myself for one year happy modelling with Cheetah3d.
With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• LeCaricatureTableau.jpg
    LeCaricatureTableau.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 646
That is truly awsome!!! Did you use the same technique as Fused?
Can you show us a wireframe picture? Also, did you painted the skin texture in CHeetah or UV mapped through Photoshop?

Regards,

Peter

Hi & Thanx.

I can´t tell about Fused´s technique, because I didn´t see the video he made. I started with a kind of a ball stretched to fill my sketches I placed in the scene like the blueprinters do, but without a blueprint object of Cheetah3D.3xxx. Ears and eyes were done seperatly and added via import-children. The texture based on a digital photograph taken lefthanded. Put it in an editor in a layer over a screenshot of my dummy and pulled it via griddistortion to its new shape. Sounds strange? It´s a bit like morphing in slowmotion. I applied my textur via flatmapping upon my virtual countenance. No UC coords were necessary. (But of course a second nose is growing on the back of my head;-) )
The mesh is backface culled for an easy reading.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• CaricatureMeshStart.jpg
    CaricatureMeshStart.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 639
Hi Frank,
wow that is a fantastic model. And you did an amazing texture painting job. The skin and the beard look so good. Wow :D :D :D

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin.
Thanks.
The texture is not painted, it´s more like a photo printed on a ballon and stretched for flatmapping.

With kindest regards
Frank

Great !!

frank beckmann said:
Hi there.
I want to show my latest piece in Cheetah3d. Made as a gift to myself for one year happy modelling with Cheetah3d.
With kindest regards
Frank
I keep trying to model charactors but still a long way off. You are an inspiration.:)

uncle808us said:
You are an inspiration.:)

That's true. I'm currently thinking about how cool it would be if that character would be animated. That's a big motivation. :D

Bye,
Martin

Oh yes; Sing: "let him speak let him speak let him speak."
And all he will say: "Can I have a coffee please, I´m a bit tired"

Thanks for compliments
With kindest regards
Frank

Hi Jake.
Yes. But these are are just twominutestelephonesketches as you can see.
Any likeness would be denied. ;-)
The attached drawing´s heigth is 10cm/4" and a 10-minutes-later-shot.
With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• drawingVerySmall.mov.zip
    219.2 KB · Views: 416
  • Drawing.jpg
    Drawing.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 380
Hi,
very very nice. I wished I could paint as well. But if you would give me one year I wouldn't accomplish that :sad:

Bye,
Martin

Back