OS X Icons

OS X Icons

I just did the tutorial on making OS X Icons and decided to make one from scratch for an app I use that still uses a boring flat classic icon. I've been having to tweak the colors and re rednder and resave to get it right and I'm noticing that some times when I save as .icns it doen't work. It saves as a .icns but sometimes the icon doesn't appear. It some times just appears with the default preview document icon. I've been tinkering with the camera properties trying to figure out what property I use that sometimes prevents it from working it's time consuming and frustrating rerendering each time to see what effect my tweak had. Anybody know what camera properties would prevent the icon from showing up when saving a render as .icns?

Hi,
the camera properties shouldn't have a influence on saving to .icns file. The render resolution should be squared and the background color should be transparent of course.

I've just tried it again on my Mac and it worked fine without problems. I only discovered that the Finder sometime doesn't update immediately. But after double clicking the .icns file the Finder updated and previewed the actual icon.

By,
Martin

Well double clicking on it didn't fix it but I've found that if I just save the same render a few times in a row eventually it works after two or three tries. Guess it's just my crappy computer. :sad: Thanks for looking in to it though.

Back