Emergency Stop

The color transfer happens sometimes, but not where you want it, I haven't figured out why yet.

Glad you got it to work. That letter popping out is weird but Booleans often do weird things

Here's the Modifier setup. Hard to explain which to use when.

Press Modifier.jpg

For mind blowing use of the Boolean Creator, look at Help/3D Samples/Modeling/Booleans. Thanks to Frank for that.

Cool. Thanks again Eric. I have learned a huge amount this week thanks to you. I really like your scene lighting settings as well, so I have been trying them out. It's amazing that there are all these tools and settings, but it takes an exercise like this to learn how to make use of them in a practical sense.

My next project will be to build a simple model a fishing boat, but that will be a different forum post.

* The loft tool (which has been referred to in this thread in #12 by ZooHead) is well suited for boats and maritime vessels in general. Some old stuff is attached for a quick preliminary sniff. This must have been constructed donkeys years ago using an "ancient" version of C3D when the loft creator was not yet available and a script was used.

SS 1.png

SS 2.jpg

* The loft tool (which has been referred to in this thread in #12 by ZooHead) is well suited for boats and maritime vessels in general. Some old stuff is attached for a quick preliminary sniff. This must have been constructed donkeys years ago using an "ancient" version of C3D when the loft creator was not yet available and a script was used.
Thanks Helmut. I haven't tried the loft creator for this. I'll zip up what I have done so far and create a new post.

Back