Cheetah3D 8.0 Public Beta (with native Apple Silicon and Metal support)

I've just downloaded Cheetah 8.0. I am on: MacBook Pro M3 Max RAM 64 GB 16 core. Good job Martin. Thank you.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-1 o 14.57.43.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-1 o 14.57.43.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
Wee! Native Apple Silicon Cheetah3D! Just when I wanted to started working on my game again :) Just upgraded.

Hi,
I've released Cheetah3D 8.0 today. I can't belief that v8 actually made it over the finish line. You can find all the necessary information about v8 on the following page:

Thank you very much to all who helped during the Alpha and Beta test. :) :):)

Kind regards
Martin
Brilliant news!! Thanks for all your hard work.

Using C3D8 nearly every day I have nothing to report, very stable so far.
The M3 Pro MacBook is a beast, Falcon rendering on CPU aside Cycles on GPU works without much throttling, fans at full speed of course.

screenshot.jpg

I figured that out, but I need all my old files to open without this enabled (it is just annoying to have to turn it off for models that don't have PBR textures, of which I have a ton).

A preference toggle to always open a file with PBR shading turned OFF would be great.
Hi Gavin,
sorry for the late reply. Once you've turned OFF PBR shading in the 3D view you can save this setting into your window layout. The next time you open Cheetah3D it will remember that setting.

Old scenes should look quite OK under the PBR renderer. If a scene looks wrong under v8 please let me know. It might be a bug in the new Metal 3D viewport.

Bye
Martin

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-14 um 14.06.37.png

Back