Subdivision of multiple objects

Subdivision of multiple objects

Hi -
Brand new here. I am coming from Lightwave and am used to subdividing the entire scene or several items at once with a press of the Tab key. In Cheetah, if I have a scene with several objects, do I need to go into the modifier of each object and toggle subdivision on each one individually? I have tried to set up a hierarchy in order to do several items at once but can't figure it out. Any way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Thank you!

Thank you so much, Podperson! I will definitely be using the script. BTW - loved your book...I learned a lot from it - intelligently written and lots of great tips.

Downloaded the script, thanks PodPerson, will give a go as it addresses a similar issue that came up for me recently.

I also got your book last year, 90 percent of which when straight over my head, luckily the other 10% got me started... so thanks again.

How to go about adding a hot key to "all off" / "all on" in this script? or a way to do the same thing without the script, using a keystroke? (just to be able to handily reference the subdivided look and unsubdivided look, of what you're working on) Thanks!

* I have no idea about the script.
* Nor do I know if the subsequent method is of any use to you.
1 You can search the object browser (OB) for all entities starting with the string "subdiv"
2 Select all in the OB
3 Toggle off the modifier icon in the OB
* To revert: same procedure + toggle on
Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 15.45.12.png

Thank you for this tip. It's so obvious once you learn it, but I never thought of it before. o_O
I had to put the search function back on my already cluttered toolbar.

:) You are welcome, ZooHead.
* Additional notes for newbies:
* BTW, the same OB search function can be used to
1 rename stacks of objects if the numeric suffixes of copy & paste multiplicates are not needed.
2 edit dimensions of a stack of objects
3 toggle visibilities in the E / R.
* Bonus: After deleting the search string, the subselection remains selected in the full OB, even if they may be nodes of a collapsed hierarchy.
:poop: Once the object browser gets to the size of a humble toilet roll, the search function can be quite useful.

Searching is a breakthrough, wow,

however, ....

I'm on version 6 (because i'm from the past). if my object browser looks like this, is there any hope of getting those awesome columns like yours shows? the icons i have are not clickable in such a powerful way as you demonstrated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen shot 2019-05-15 at 1.32.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2019-05-15 at 1.32.07 PM.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 204
:cry: Sorry, but you need to update C3D to the current version. I believe this to be C3D V7.3.3. IMHO, it is an investment well worth the slaughtering of a piggy bank or three.

Back