Decorated pig

A small contribution to the category of Decorating Piggies, but here's what I have so far...

This is all the same texture file, by the way: It's an animated texture with which I hoped to simulate scanlines on the surface of a thing or things.

The Scanline-DownLeft is the start; now I'm looking for how to make the scanlines run in the other directions (up, right). Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Attachments

• Pig-o1.png
    Pig-o1.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 612
  • Pig-o2.png
    Pig-o2.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 618
  • Pig-o3.png
    Pig-o3.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 600
  • Pig-o4.png
    Pig-o4.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 610
  • Scanline.DownLeft.c3dmat.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 487
Inspired by Bryce's procedural skies.

This is just the usual pig with its materials covered to the PBR shader with a procedural sky (ironically, rendered with the Cheetah renderer)

The key idea here is that I use the y-component of the sky-ball's normal to drive the scale of the fractal noise source that in turn determines cloud cover, so that clouds towards the horizon become "flattened". I've attached an annotated version of the node map. It's my hope that (a) Martin would include this kind of functionality in the sky light and/or (b) we'd get the ability to add labels to nodes and possibly expose constants in C3D's material UI to allow someone to customize a procedural material without needing to fully understand its inner workings.

Edit: adjusted the planet-surf material I used to texture the relief to not have ocean :) — also added a panoramic render to give a better idea of how the clouds look.

Attachments

• procedural-sky.c3dmat.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 453
  • pbr-pig-in-procedural-world-40.jpg
    pbr-pig-in-procedural-world-40.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 589
  • pig-in-procecural-world.jas.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 460
  • pig-procedural-pano.jpg
    pig-procedural-pano.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 604
  • procedural-sky-material.png
    procedural-sky-material.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Inspired by Bryce's procedural skies.

This is just the usual pig with its materials covered to the PBR shader with a procedural sky (ironically, rendered with the Cheetah renderer)

The key idea here is that I use the y-component of the sky-ball's normal to drive the scale of the fractal noise source that in turn determines cloud cover, so that clouds towards the horizon become "flattened"..

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I've attached an annotated version of the node map. It's my hope that ... (b) we'd get the ability to add labels to nodes and possibly expose constants in C3D's material UI to allow someone to customize a procedural material without needing to fully understand its inner workings.

That would be so nice! Also it would be nice to be able to name the nodes.
--shift studio.

It's my hope that (a) Martin would include this kind of functionality in the sky light
That would be helpful indeed.
Cheetah's material system is really too restricted without the possibility to mix shaders or simply a background object that would accept materials where you could apply images as well as procedurals and mix them if so desired.
Thinking of it, time for another wish list entry...

Perhaps another add to the wishlist could be a larger sphere sample of the material while in node view. Sometimes that little sphere icon makes it hard to discern WHAT is happening without doing an actual render many dozens of times. A C3D material editor (with a large preview) that can bounce between Falcon & Cheetah renders would be amazing.

Gummy Pig

Im pretty happy with it - it could be better (if I only REALLY knew what I was doing in the Material Node Editor)
That Balance of translucent muddled gummyness...

I used Particle mesh for Sugar sprinkles

Its neat how different the texture is affected by the background~
I would certainly love to see how some of you masters would tackle this..

Attachments

• gummyPig_wBkrgd.jpg
    gummyPig_wBkrgd.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 387
  • gummyPig.jpg
    gummyPig.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 384
Nice- good translucency. the movement helps capture the gumminess
i may have to model a bear - started with bricks and oranges.

Did you ever finish you EXL-1a? love that guitar~

Oh yea, that big jazz box. I haven't finished either the model or the actual Epiphone guitar.
The "a" in EXL-1a stands for acoustic, it only has piezo pick ups.
I'm planning on adding a humbucker, and a tune-o-matic bridge...

yep- thats the one! Know it well. I opted for the EXL-1 myself... wanted something to pull out more of them sweet archtop jazz tones. Helluva guitar - plays like butter. D'Angelico actually... Was really impressed with the detail you were pulling off. very nice-

yep- thats the one! Know it well. I opted for the EXL-1 myself... wanted something to pull out more of them sweet archtop jazz tones. Helluva guitar - plays like butter. D'Angelico actually... Was really impressed with the detail you were pulling off. very nice-
I am getting old, you're right. I wanted that one, but they stopped making it in the blonde finish.
But the acoustic version was still being made so I figured I would do my own conversion.

Back