Decorated pig

load materials

I saw your wonderful materials and tried to use them. How can I load this ".cd3mat"-files into Cheetah. I only have found "save material", where can I load them?

You all make great stuff with this new material system. COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!!

I saw your wonderful materials and tried to use them. How can I load this ".cd3mat"-files into Cheetah. I only have found "save material", where can I load them?

hi novus,

thanks and put the files in user/library/application support/cheetah3d/materials/(new folder here),
then relaunch.

- archie

Nice job with the cracked piggies Archie (and surfinalien with the original) - like your 'wireframe' ones too. So much fun to be had with materials now, not sure I'll ever do anything else in Cheetah! :)

Was trying to get chainmail (armoured pig! :) ) and came up with this:

Attachments

• CMail.jpg
    CMail.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,852
  • Chainmail.c3dmat.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 862
hey terry,

there's always use for a laughing head ! :smile:
if you would join dropbox you could share big files with everyone, publicly or privately, also here on the forum like with big pics or animations.

hey meshman,

the pictish thingy is defnatly the most awesome ever !

hey alessandro,

your terracotta is well done with the blending of bumpy and handmade surface texture.
of course i had a go too but mine totally cracked ! :smile:

View attachment 8501, View attachment 8502

View attachment 8503View attachment 8504

I tried Dropbox, Archie, but I need to attached an email address, no? Or am I doing something wrong?

Terry
PS. Some great materials BTW. :icon_thumbup:

It was just this head laughing, Archie. Plus a bunch of other expressions. But my 15 frame series of png's has to be brought into Flash and looped 4 times to look interesting. And that's not my department, not this time at least.

Yes I can see you are creating a nice collection of fabergé pigs. Nice job. I was watching TV last night and noticed some wiggly patterned glass on a shower door, very 70s looking. I thought that would make a nice pig. But I'm yet to try.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,755
terry, don't worry about that animation.
only if you ever make one in the future, you might need dropbox to share.
if there's some problem with it, pm me or alessandro, we'll be glad to help.
i think this head laughing would indeed be a nice animation, but making it happen would be exceed me skills too :redface:

cheers,

archie

Here it is, Archie, real small to post. Once it's looped 4 times it should work fine.

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• k.MOV.zip
    198.8 KB · Views: 672
Here it is, Archie, real small to post. Once it's looped 4 times it should work fine.

lol that's nice terry !
did you do that with morph animation ?
and at original size it took really long to render ?
otherwise you could do the four cycles in cheetah with slightly different morphings...
but i don't know your settings.
it's work for a client i guess...

cheers

- archie

lol that's nice terry !
did you do that with morph animation ?
and at original size it took really long to render ?
otherwise you could do the four cycles in cheetah with slightly different morphings...
but i don't know your settings.
it's work for a client i guess...

cheers

- archie

Thanks Archie. Just one morph for the mouth. The rest is just moved around and recorded. The original size took 1 minute a frame to render, not so bad, but with all the expressions there were about 100 frames. Roughly 10 frames per animation which is looped in Flash. Which keeps the file size down, if you repeat 1 frame 4 times in Flash, Flash only reads it as 1 frame, not 4. Yes, the client likes small file sizes for games on the web. :smile:

Out of interest and the fact I cant figure out how to do it ...how do I go about importing materials into Cheetah? Thanks, Jon.

I like that icy material, Archie, good work as usual. I haven't really been able to think of anything practical for creating a material for the pig. I try things and think, um, looks cool, but what use would it be? If I could create materials like this concrete I'd be happy to contribute. :smile: Or other materials like your ICY that could be useful. The groovy pattens are cool, but honestly what would we use them for?

Attachments

• Concrete.jpg
    Concrete.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,636
If I could create materials like this concrete I'd be happy to contribute. :smile: Or other materials like your ICY that could be useful. The groovy pattens are cool, but honestly what would we use them for?

hey terry,

especially when creating totally unusable groovy stuff i learn most about materials and how to connect nodes.
i am not yet able to create stone or concrete because i have done way to few groovies yet !

(your clouds were a great inspiration, as you probably know !)

- archie

Well here's my attempt, Archie. And yes, bring the noise scale down to 22 and it all turns groovy. :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    118 KB · Views: 1,634
  • concrete08.c3dmat.zip
    13 KB · Views: 691
Back