Decorated pig

Encore request

PodPerson -- can you please re-post or provide a link to the "Cheetah 3D Materials Node editor (version 5.0) Glossary of Terms" PDF from four years ago? I can't find it and don't feel entitled to attach it here. It has been my best reference for understanding the nodes. It would be useful for other beginners.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only change in V. 6 is the instance node.

Thanks

Otherwise, I recommend the piecemeal version:

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4706&highlight=glossary

The eco friendly pig

Hello,
here is a contribution. A Cork material.
I hope you like it.

Attachments

• cork_pig.jpg
    cork_pig.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Cork.c3dmat.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 558
Relatively simple, fashionably retro, enjoy :)

Attachments

• Groovy Chic.jpg
    Groovy Chic.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 955
  • FabnGroovy.c3dmat.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 499
Of interest to Decorated Pig aficionados

I have posted 32 of my favorite Node Editor experiments at www.emit.org.

An explanatory PDF and zipped mat’s are included.

They are relatively simple so newbies can more easily understand them. More experienced C3D users should also find some they can adapt.

Thanks to Martin, Frank, Tonio, Andrew, Hiroto, Dave et al.

Last edited:
Reply to post

Than ks for sharing your materials! I tried to download #18 and #19 of the 32 materials and got this alert. Anyone else?

Not Found

The requested URL /c3d/pigs/pigmats/x19.c3dmat.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 PHP/5.3.24 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.emit.org Port 80

I also missed this post the first time - I will have to play with and explore these - simply AWESOME - thank you for your generosity -- Cheers

Re GregVoth and Podperson

Greg: I fixed a few HTML mistakes -- links are repaired.

Tonio: Thanks again. As evidenced by my posted experiments, I have spent considerable time trying to figure out the fabulous Node Editor, and your guide has been my primary source of information. I hope that other C3D users will find my examples helpful. I only began to understand the math nodes by seeing their effects.

I will be posting some more, simpler, black/white/gray materials to further aid others probing the mysteries of materials.

Rings, not Wireframe

I suppose this should go here. I'm a fan of mechanical textures. I'll work on abstracts and organics after I'm comfortable with rigid stuff.

The same node texture applied at a .0625 scale for the body and a .125 scale for the eyes, and a rotated .1 scale for the box.

Attachments

• Rings.c3dmat.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 586
  • Ringpig_0625.jpg
    Ringpig_0625.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 826
Rings3

I reworked the nodes trying to perfect the symmetry and found a nice way to include some nifty detail. (Discussing the details in another thread with other forum members.)

Attachments

• Rings3.c3dmat.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 573
  • Ring3Pig.jpg
    Ring3Pig.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 766
This is an awesome thread - a ton of thanks to all that contributed!

Does anyone have any basketweave types of material? I'm looking for the type that is used for cane woven hats, and a tighter woven fabric material similar to burlap but tighter.

Also, a seasoned cast iron material for cast iron cookware would be great too!

Thanks again to everyone here - what a great community!

This is an awesome thread - a ton of thanks to all that contributed!

Does anyone have any basketweave types of material? I'm looking for the type that is used for cane woven hats, and a tighter woven fabric material similar to burlap but tighter.

Also, a seasoned cast iron material for cast iron cookware would be great too!

Thanks again to everyone here - what a great community!

Procedural basketweave are not possible by now - you´ll need to find some images like here: http://backgrounds.mysitemyway.com/background/tileable-basket-weave-textures-4/
Regarding the cookware - any image to share?

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank!

Here are two images that I think will help.
The first one is of two cast iron pans, the one on the left has a smooth polished interior that I DON'T want, the one on the right has the texture I DO want.
I should note that most cast iron pans made today has the rough texture both in the interior (cooking surface) and the exterior...which is what I want to reproduce.
The second pic shows a close up of the rough texture. It's a subtle texture I know, but I am just starting out with C3D, and I have no idea how to manipulate textures in the node editor. (I'm practicing every hour of every day though!)

The thing about cast iron cookware, is that it is pitch black and textured this way, but at the same time it's also semi-shiny as you can see in the first pic.

Attachments

• la-1144299-fo-1115-studioshoot-11-kdm.jpg-20121122.jpeg
    la-1144299-fo-1115-studioshoot-11-kdm.jpg-20121122.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 687
  • 20100608-cast-iron-fresh.jpg
    20100608-cast-iron-fresh.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 757
Back