Problems with 3DS Import

Problems with 3DS Import

There are various models on TurboSquid in the 3DS format that will not load; much to my frustration, they do not crash Cheetah 3D - rather the mesh is missing in parts (mostly) & the texture does not appear.

Here is a link to a model in many formats - none of the formats that Cheetah 3D supports (3DS & OBJ) load properly.

[url]http://www.meshfactory.com/free_model_06.htm [/url]

What version of the 3DS format does Cheetah 3D support? [/url]

Hi.
I can´t say why Cheetah do this, while Cinema4d opened the file with all textures.
I exported it to 3ds and opened it again in Cheetah and voilá - there it it is. I send you this C3d.3ds-file via email for a quicker workaround and ask Martin the "How to do" with 3ds. Ok?
Bye
frank

(Sorry - I would like to, if I get your email-adress:oops: )

Re: Problems with 3DS Import

Salric said:
There are various models on TurboSquid in the 3DS format that will not load; much to my frustration, they do not crash Cheetah 3D - rather the mesh is missing in parts (mostly) & the texture does not appear.

You are right. That is a bug. I will have to dig deeper into that .3ds file to see where the actuall problems happen. But it will take some time because I'm currently pollishing up the next update of Cheetah3D which also contains many bug fixes and I don't want to delay it even more.

Salric said:
What version of the 3DS format does Cheetah 3D support?

Cheetah3D normally supports R3 .3ds files. I've never seen a R4 file format specification. I don't know what the actual differences are.

By,
Martin

Back