Tutorial help for newbie

Tutorial help for newbie

Hi,

I tried to make the Champagne Flute as described in the tutorial but the first problem was the language: What means "Sections longitudinal" in the German version of Cheetah? Ok, I found it, but it makes the whole thing rather difficult to find the translation for all and nothing first. The second problem were the properties: The properties in the tutorial don't work in Cheetah. For example: Instead of outer radius of 2.0 I have to fill in "0.2".

Martin, ich weiß ja, dass du sehr beschäftigt bist, aber auf diese Weise macht die Einarbeitung in Cheetah wenig Spaß. Also: Entweder doch ein deutsches Tutorial schreiben, oder ich versuche es mit der englischen Version. Und was die Geschichte mit den Zahlen angeht, wäre ein Update des Tutorials ggf. sehr hilfreich.

Hi,
thanks for the tip. I haven't written the tutorial by myself and I've never remodeled it. So I didn't realize that some numbers are false. The fact that the tutorial was written for version 1.8 might also cause some problems so I probably should work through it seriously.

With the german menus you are totally right. You are not the first who tells me that. I will probably drop the german menus with the next update because without a german documentation it is more confusing than helping. It good to have one more supporter for that decison.

Due to limited time it is not possible for me to translate and maintain the hole documentation in german. Sorry.

By,
Martin

Hi,
I've just checked if the outer radius of 2.0 is wrong but it looks like that it is correct. I get the same results as in the tutoral if I set it to 2.0.

By,
Martin

Back