Bicycle Build

Now a hi power electric offroad wheelchair would be fun.

They're called ATVs or quad bikes ;)

Jokes aside, just saw the other day a very small quad bike (big wheels, though) that looked a lot like these motorized wheelchairs. A very old woman then came along, very slowly and with some difficulties, took forever to put on her helmet and adjusting it, than somehow climbed on that thing and rode of, obviously having fun with it :)

(I don't want to sound like thought police or political correct (which I'm not). And there are very few things I don't make jokes about, one of them wheelchairs ... I think everyone of us had once or twice some experience where it could have gone awfully wrong and ended in needing one ...).

@Jenny: Good to see you here. With big parts of the world going haywire at the moment (and big parts of the U.S.) it's good to know that you seem to be ok :).

@ ZH
I'm an expert chair jockey after spending a few years in one, not electric.
The wheelchair was for my friend who broke his leg but didn't use the chair.
We hung out every day and I got so good I could stay on my
rear wheels indefinitely, even going off the curb into the street.
How kind you always are: looking after your friends and encouraging them.
Also: Leave it to you to take lemons and not only make lemon-aid but also to not only learn something from it; but also excell in it.

@ Hasdrubal
:)Thanks for the greeting and well wishes.
I stay pretty well confined to my home.
Thank goodness for Martin's C3D and the Forum.
It's a good way to take one's mind off of trouble and socialize while staying well within
the social distancing boundries.

I fell off of a stationery exercise bike once. :oops: I badly sprained one of my wrists and ankles.
The pain was so bad I was afraid I broke my wrist. The people at the medical clinic and me had a good laugh about it. Actually, the seat on the bike was loose and I was really building up speed when the seat tilted and spilled me out of it.

I have had to use a wheelchair for a while. I even found wheelchairs to have their challenges. :giggle:
I know you would never mean anything offensive about a good lighthearted joke about using wheelchairs.

@ ZooHead
I just want to make sure you know I was sincere in my concern for you and was just trying to make a lighthearted joke.
I know you have a good sense of humor.

Jenny, no I actually wouldn't mean anything offensive about such a joke; I just feel uncomfortable about it (very much so, somehow). You know, the universe seems to have a strange kind of humor. I'm not superstitious, usually, but in such a case ... I feel uncomfortable. I mean I make the blackest jokes myself (sometimes others just gulp), for example about my own death, but not about sickness, wheelchairs (and usually something horrible happening to others except some politicians where I wouldn't really mind if ...). And I laugh about stuff that happened to me like falling down a staircase (without even touching a single step. I fell more over it than and afterwards rolled down a street) or getting out of a still rolling train (that was simply spectacular, especially as I was standing in the end), and I have to admit, as long as she doesn't really hurt herself, I sometimes have to laugh about some slapstic-scenes my wife gets involved in...

(and sprained wrists can be worse than broken ones. I sprained mine some 10 years ago and still feel it sometimes while my father couldn't work for a year because of a sprained wrist).

Wow, just catching up with this thread. Lovely work, hoping you're healed up.
Thanks, I feel normal until I twist or bend my hand the wrong way.
And I have no problem moving the mouse and clicking, it's the hundreds of times
I have to lift the mouse up with my ring finger and thumb that causes some deep aches.
I can even play guitar as long as I don't squeeze the pick too hard.

I get knocked down, but I get up again...

Back