Retiming All Keys using Hiroto's F-Curve Utilities Script Help Please

So I see that this script is supposed to be able to retime all keys at once. I need to trim off 1-½ seconds from the front of my video. So need to shift all keys back 45 frames. Something that would be easy with a Dope Sheet, but not easy doing them manually per object. I've tried just clicking on buttons in the script (on a back up version of my file) and it doesn't seem to do anything. Does this script still work? Anybody know how I can use this to shift all my keys back 45 frames? Thanks!

Just a quick question: adjusting the timeline wouldn´t help?

Cheers
Frank

Hiya Frank! Can I shave seconds / frames off the front of a timeline? If yes, how can I do that please? I know I can modify the seconds in a take, but I think it only deletes them from the end of a scene. Thanks!

Edit:
or do you mean just moving the time scale bar down? I can do that, but I'd rather edit the seconds out. I know that I won't pay attention to that in the future if I need to edit the file. I'll totally forget that I did that.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay; I´m in the kitchen right now. 🍜
I mean click&drag from the left to blend out the "1-½ seconds from the front".
Could this work?

Cheers
Frank

Sorry for the delay; I´m in the kitchen right now. 🍜
I mean click&drag from the left to blend out the "1-½ seconds from the front".
Could this work?

Cheers
Frank

No worries about any delay! Hope you are enjoying your food! My wife made fried Flounder last night and it was delicious! Going to eat it again for dinner tonight since there are two fillets left.

I thought that's what you meant. I can adjust the time bar, but I'll most likely forget that I did that in the future if I ever need to edit it again. I may just do that for now for the rendering and make it a point to come back and adjust all the keys later. Just thought there might be an easier way to do it.

Well - now it´s just a clipping of the timeline to avoid the extra rendering time. It doesn´t change anything else regarding tempo or alike. If you have any other tasks on that particular animation let us know.

Cheers
Frank

:unsure: Does not the Split command in the takes panel do what you want?

1 Enter 45 in the frame counter at the bottom left (or move the cursor in the timeline manually)
2 Apply the split command: this gives take A with 1.5” and take B, the tail-end, with the rest of n.5”
3 Delete take A (or rename it just in case you needed to re-merge the takes at a later stage). If you keep the obsolete 1.5” take, shift it to the bottom, so the model opens with take B
4 If required, expand the n.5” of take B so the animation plays the original length.
* There are two scripts in the tool box, Scale Take.js (simple but ignores tags) and F-Curve Utility.js (quite complex).

:unsure: Does not the Split command in the takes panel do what you want?

1 Enter 45 in the frame counter at the bottom left (or move the cursor in the timeline manually)
2 Apply the split command: this gives take A with 1.5” and take B, the tail-end, with the rest of n.5”
3 Delete take A (or rename it just in case you needed to re-merge the takes at a later stage). If you keep the obsolete 1.5” take, shift it to the bottom, so the model opens with take B
4 If required, expand the n.5” of take B so the animation plays the original length.
* There are two scripts in the tool box, Scale Take.js (simple but ignores tags) and F-Curve Utility.js (quite complex).

Thanks Helmut! I didn't realize you could split a take like that. That should work for what I want.

:p You are welcome.
:whistle: I did not know either until Frank B. mentioned this trick some time ago (for which belatedly I say Cheers to Hamburg from Vienna, EU!)

Post Scriptum:
* Actually, I have very good friends living in the Vienna in VA, Fairfax County, which is a sort of exclave suburb of Washington, DC, across the Potomac. Not quite Deep South as is Georgia, but getting there. They even have a cat called Dixie :rolleyes:
* They come and visit my Vienna every year and we waffle on about totally trivial matters in our favourite wine bar, an old Gothic medieval vaulted establishment next door to our cathedral. No idea, if this will even be possible this year.
* They are conservative, possibly mildly evangelical Republicans whilst I am an atheist and politically to the left of Sen. Bernie Sanders. Not surprisingly, our discussions are interesting :eek:

Last edited:
:p You are welcome.
:whistle: I did not know either until Frank B. mentioned this trick some time ago (for which belatedly I say Cheers to Hamburg from Vienna, EU!)

Post Scriptum:
* Actually, I have very good friends living in the Vienna in VA, Fairfax County, which is a sort of exclave suburb of Washington, DC, across the Potomac. Not quite Deep South as is Georgia, but getting there. They even have a cat called Dixie :rolleyes:
* They come and visit my Vienna every year and we waffle on about totally trivial matters in our favourite wine bar, an old Gothic medieval vaulted establishment next door to our cathedral. No idea, if this will even be possible this year.
* They are conservative, possibly mildly evangelical Republicans whilst I am an atheist and politically to the left of Sen. Bernie Sanders. Not surprisingly, our discussions are interesting :eek:

Nice, thanks for the extra bits of info. I'm relatively familiar with some parts of Virginia. My dad used to live there and my brother still does. To bad your friends won't be able to hang out with you in the wine bar you like.

Back