FBX export issues

I'm exporting an FBX file, but the client is having difficulty opening it in Maya. Here are the alerts they are getting. Anyone know the problem? Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture5.png
    Capture5.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Capture6.png
    Capture6.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Capture7.png
    Capture7.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 226
So I also have a question about animation and hierarchies. Is there a method to create a parent object (the equivalent of a null object in AfterEffects) that can accept keyframes while not being visible? I did this with a simple folder but I don't think Maya liked a set of keyframes unattached to a mesh of some kind (related to the above issue).

Mmmh - hard to tell without seeing anything except the warnings.
So it´s just guessing:
1. Maybe one joint was not inside the mesh during binding
2. Seems parts/joints are not 1:1:1 in scale which might cause shearing in hierarchies
3. reads like no Binding Pose is included - just animation. (Often in FBX anims frame 0/1 contains the binding pose or it´s stored in one additional Take.
All this seem manageable on your side - depending on how the anim/joint-system/character/assets are set-up.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks so much Frank, I'll check all of these. I placed the animated, rigged mesh in a group so I could make additional keyframes to the overall motion. Maybe Maya was looking for an object attached to those keyframes? Is there a better way to add a master (parent) keyframe adjustment to an existing animation?

Last edited:
OK, so it may be one of the issues you stated above! I'll check on those. Thanks again Frank, I relly appreciate it!

Frank, we did some tests, and I imported an FBX they made and mapped, I just re-exported, is missing the UV's. I saw everything fine. Any guesses?

Frank, no they say that's not it, some of the UV's are fine, some aren't even visible in the Maya UV editor. See attached. Thanks so much Frank.

Attachments

• Capture4.png
    Capture4.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Capture5.png
    Capture5.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 225
Strange. UVs are there in Cheetah3d (visible in UV-editor) but not in Maya for the same objects? Did they went to UV-set 2 accidentally perhaps?
Have you checked Preferences->Files->FBX->Export settings?

Cheers
Frank

I know, it's very strange, we've been doing more testing and it may be that the 2019 version of Maya is having import issues. Just now, when they opened it in a previous version, it workrd fine! Yes, I can see all of the UV's perfectly fine, but on their end, some were not, see attached. I will ask them about the UV set. Yes, I made sure that the export settings were correct and checked.

Attachments

• Capture4.png
    Capture4.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 220
Unfortunately I´m running out of ideas how to solve this issue. May your file work in Collada (dae) file format alternatively?

Cheers
Frank

You've done so much already, I am eternally grateful. We're taking baby steps and so far, so good on the older version of Maya. If we run into issues, we'll try it in Collada. Thanks again Frank, you are much valued here.

Back