A quick question... I got a simple rigid body animation of balls dropping to the floor, how can I slow down the rate of fall

A quick question... I got a simple rigid body animation of balls dropping to the floor, how can I slow down the rate of fall so that the balls take longer to fall - kind of make it seem more like a "slow-motion" appearance?

Also, is there a link or reference for a beginner to learn using physics-dynamics on CD3, like how to use anchor, rope, soft body, etc...?

Thank you!

You could reduce Gravitation in the Dynamics properties from the standard -9.81.
Also try Damping in the Rigid Body Tag.

Thanks Frank, now I'm getting it.

I tested with no baking and baking each, but not using baking to keep dynamics before changing fps, brilliant.

Thanks Frank and zoohead... I tried both ways and it does the trick - I guess my only other thing with this, is that both options (Gravitation or slowing down on at video-editing level) assume a global approach to the "slowing down". What if there are objects that are moving at different speeds within the same space? Would tinkering with mass and velocity on a per object basis address that??

Thanks again!

Would tinkering with mass and velocity on a per object basis address that??
I´d say yes; but this means to handle solo objects and not a stack or pile. Or make a second stack of objects with another rigid body tag.
Not sure what kind of animation you´re trying to accomplish.

Cheers
Frank

Back