Procedural Material Diffuse Opacity Question

So why doesn't adjusting the opacity setting change anything when a scene is rendered? I've never really understood why that doesn't work. The opacity adjustment shows up in the viewport, but never in the rendered image.

Ah I forgot about that one!!! For some reason I've just been using it for metal shaders, but I should be able to use it for diffuse textures too. :D

I believe translucent Copper isn´t yet invented - I could be wrong after trying to roll out a 3mm copper wire to half a mm in a press yesterday. It worked out in some way - but it became so hardened after a few passes that I need to anneal it now which I don´t can right now.

Cheers
Frank

I believe translucent Copper isn´t yet invented - I could be wrong after trying to roll out a 3mm copper wire to half a mm in a press yesterday. It worked out in some way - but it became so hardened after a few passes that I need to anneal it now which I don´t can right now.

Cheers
Frank

I've got a special alloy of Aluminum that allows light to pass through. Only a few ounces have ever been made. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

There's a tv show here where bladesmiths compete with each other. Mostly they make different types of blades. I've watched a few episodes.
Forged in Fire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forged_in_Fire_(TV_series)

I've never done any metal work, but had a roommate at one time that was a sculpture major in college. He was really into wood carving and metal casting.

I had the chance to watch some of these and remember (a different format?) one with Danny Trejo as a moderator when 3 blacksmiths have to built historical weapons for a testing - quite entertaining.
I´m more after wood-working - so ..... :D

Cheers
Frank

I had the chance to watch some of these and remember (a different format?) one with Danny Trejo as a moderator when 3 blacksmiths have to built historical weapons for a testing - quite entertaining.
I´m more after wood-working - so ..... :D

Cheers
Frank

I work with a guy that's a welder at our company, but in his spare time he makes weapons and armor for different historical groups (Scottish festival, Renaissance etc.) and they also have mock battles they do.

My old roommate was more into the woodworking as well. I wish I had photos of some of his stuff. Most were more sculptural than functional.

Back