Inkscape 1.0 Beta

;) I already use a native version since 2015:
InkscapeOSXmenu.png

PS: I´ll never update a Serif app automatically without checking their forum again. The last version is good for nothing; almost every Boolean related tool is borked.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Wow! Didn't know there was one. Thanks
Where did you download from I never found the place for a version without X11. 'till now.

Fantastic. I've used the development versions occasionally to solve specific problems (it has a really nice set of outlining/tracing abilities), but I always hesitated to turn to it first. Now that it's hit this targeted landmark, it should be easier to convince myself to spend more time in it.

The download hangs right now I will try later maybe their server is busy. Also Have you tried this "Preview" version?

Also Have you tried this "Preview" version?
As a moderator I have tested almost any version available - still love my native version from 2015 ∼suv once compiled for macOSX.
I can´t live without it - although I have nearly every vector app for Mac at hand. I can't understand the enthusiasm for the Affinity suite apps unless you want to get out of the clutches of Adobe but you can't argue with its fanboys.

Last edited:
Still no download. I'll try again tomorrow. I also tried Chrome no luck. I tried to register but never got my confirmation email.
So who knows I'm using the 1.0 beta.

Still no download. I'll try again tomorrow. I also tried Chrome no luck. I tried to register but never got my confirmation email.
So who knows I'm using the 1.0 beta.

I just downloaded the 1.0 version - all went fine. On a Macbook Pro running High Sierra, using Firefox.

As a moderator I have tested almost any version available - still love my native version from 2015 ∼suv once compiled for macOSX.
I can´t live without it - although I have nearly every vector app for Mac at hand. I can't understand the enthusiasm for the Affinity suite apps unless you want to get out of the clutches of Adobe but you can't argue with its fanboys.

Frank, I have all three Affinity apps. I think they are a good start, but they have much work to do to become real professional tools. I was wondering what your specific issues were with them ?

Got it but I had to click on Inkscape.jpgThanks Frank. I'll add to the discussion by saying I use Graphic App because it is Mac and IOS. as is Affinity Designer. Graphic App is a smaller faster app than Designer. But not as friendly. Over all I use Affinity Photo for Bitmapping and vector and it loads PDF's from C3D UVs.

I had to click on ...
Strange - it´s really just a click here and the download start automatically after 3 seconds and a donation page opens up:
InkscapeDownload.jpg

Maren aka Moini reported:
Preview' means that our Mac developers themselves evaluate the version. They say there are some serious problems, especially with performance, if I understand correctly, and feel they'd rather not declare it a full version.

Cheers
Frank

* Same as Uncle Bob.
* Development version downloads faultlessly, others hang. I have assumed this to be a 32b / 64b matter as I use Catalina. But Uncle Bob is on El Capitan so there must be a different reason.

* Good question, but I forgot how I got there.
* Even stranger, when I clicked on the "normal" download button just now, this suddenly seems to work as expected though the download is extremely slow.

I just tried downloading again. All fine. On a Mac Pro running El Capitan, using Opera. I went to the Inkscape home page. then download current version, then clicked on the Mac OS dmg file, exactly like Frank's screenshot.

* Download Inkscape:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 06.42.11.png

* Seems to work perfectly normal again with the download taking some seconds. There is a difference in size between normal and developer version but I have not checked the actual applications for any variances in functionality / operability.
* No idea what happened here yesterday :unsure:

If one have read the article about version 1.0 I linked to you´d have discovered the "right" download-link at its end. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Back