Double Sided Materials & Replace Material

Just going to put two requests into one, although they both are aimed at materials.

Being able to have a double sided material (or at least textures) would help a lot. Recently I had a bitmap texture that I needed to be seen from both the front and back. The front shows white as it's supposed to, but the backside is a dark grey. I guess there may be some way to do this with nodes, but I'm not sure how.

It would also be nice to be able to globally replace one material with another. In c4d you can option drag one material on top of another and it will be replaced.

Remember? #14
Replacing material is not that hard when you noticed the "Shade selection". In essence delete the former material from the object browser - drag the new one onto the material tag and set the "Shade selection" to the former N°.

Cheers
Frank

Remember? #14
Replacing material is not that hard when you noticed the "Shade selection". In essence delete the former material from the object browser - drag the new one onto the material tag and set the "Shade selection" to the former N°.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank! I forgot about that thread. I'll test out your steps for replacing materials.

Back