real fake cameras and lenses

Nice fisheye, I seem to recall someone doing the same thing in the EIAS forum a long time ago. But anamorphic lenses give some other effects like..

"Another characteristic of anamorphic lenses, because they stretch the image vertically, is that out-of-focus elements tend to blur more in the vertical direction. An out-of-focus point of light in the background (called bokeh[6]) appear as a vertical oval rather than as a circle. When the camera shifts focus, there is often a noticeable effect whereby objects appear to stretch vertically when going out of focus. However, the commonly cited claim that anamorphic lenses produce a shallower depth of field is not entirely true. Because of the cylindrical element in the lens, anamorphic lenses take in a horizontal angle of view twice as wide as a spherical lens of the same focal length. Because of this, cinematographers often use a 50 mm anamorphic lens when they would otherwise use a 25 mm spherical lens, or a 70 mm rather than a 35 mm, and so on. "
Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-16 a la(s) 14.28.41.png

Right, so digitally in a renderer it should be even easier, you don't need a piece of glass in the projector to watch the movie correctly, it can be corrected digitally too, keeping the anamorphic effects like that beautiful stretched bokeh they used in Toy Story 4.

In the above video they also talk about split focus diopter. I don't see myself using that, but it's interesting to see Pixar used it in the movie and why.

Back