Transform tool

Hi guys,
let me introduce myself real quick, my name is Kenneth and I recently upgraded my Cheetah 3d version ( my bought version was from 2008 :)
some of the older forum members maybe may remember me .
i didn 't do anything with Cheetah for ages, no time .......and things have changed seriously since then, so I'm feeling like a complete Newbie Again !

Now I have a little question about the transform tool. ( the icon top left corner )

The center part from the transform tool ( white ball ) should normally scale things proportionally I guess ? ( when not in gadget mode )
When I load a ball ( or any other primitive ) in my scene, select it, make it editable and choose the transform tool and select the white bal from the transform tooll to scale it proportionally it just moves the ball around in 3D space.
then when I choose the Scale tool to resize the ball ( and select the little white ball from the transform too )l it resizes the ball proportionally perfect.
If I then I deselect the ball, select the bal again and choose the transform tool on the ball, the white ball from the transform tool works perfectly and continues to do so on the object with every selection I make.
If I load a new object in the scene the transform tool behaves again like it first did, doesn't scale proportionally but moves the object around in 3d space.
if I then do the same as I explained before, it works perfect on the new object as well .

I think I'm missing something over here......it's probably something I'm overlooking .
Been trying to figure this out but it just gives me headaches........and I've just started out with 3D again since 2 days !!!! Sounds Promising for me o_O:);)

Thanks guys

ps: I've read the manual but I couldn't find out what I was looking for ....

Hi and Welcome back!
The transform gadget has 3modes: move, scale, rotate. To enable one mode (selection already been established in component mode: point, edge or polygon) just click cube, arrow or ring. Now hold shift+alt keys down and click+drag somewhere in 3d view to adjust scale for instance. You can constrain scale along a certain axis also.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks a lot Frank, I was already hoping you would help me, I remember you very well, you helped me out a lot in the early years !!! :)

That was the missing poin.......I had to select the Cube, arrow or ring !!
I was dragging and selecting the center point of the T Tool ........:sneaky:

Thanks again (y)(y)

Hi and Welcome back!
The transform gadget has 3modes: move, scale, rotate. To enable one mode (selection already been established in component mode: point, edge or polygon) just click cube, arrow or ring. Now hold shift+alt keys down and click+drag somewhere in 3d view to adjust scale for instance. You can constrain scale along a certain axis also.

Cheers
Frank

How to constrain scale to one axis ?

Back