A little help with splines and sweep

I'm curious if there's a way to make an automatic import/trace script (for Cheetah) that does what Frank did?

Autotracing isn´t integrated in Cheetah3d - if that´s what you´re talking about. I mainly use either Inkscape or GIMP for that purpose. Do you have something especially in mind?

Cheers
Frank

Yeah I was just curious if there was a way to create a script to autotrace in Cheetah, I'm messing around with making something that has the LOTR black script (from the one ring), and it's very tedious to do by hand. I'm sure there's plenty of programs out there that can do it outside of Cheetah as a path and then import into Cheetah, to be a spline, like auto cad but those are expensive to say the least.

Yeah I was just curious if there was a way to create a script to autotrace in Cheetah, I'm messing around with making something that has the LOTR black script (from the one ring), and it's very tedious to do by hand. I'm sure there's plenty of programs out there that can do it outside of Cheetah as a path and then import into Cheetah, to be a spline, like auto cad but those are expensive to say the least.
There's a black script font that might save a lot of trouble but it's only free for personal use.

Just a reminder: if you don´t need real geometry you can use the image in the bump-channel as bending splines isn´t always easy:
lotr-ring.png

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Back