A little help with splines and sweep

joel ruiz c

Hi! I'm trying to create a sweep using an oval shape with a set of splines that are merged together, but the sweep is going the "wrong way" in some of these splines, I'm attaching a pic for clarity. I don't know what to try. I tried "reverse sequence" and a few of the splines tools but nothing changes the direction.. any clues?
Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-03 a la(s) 21.28.21.png

I gues there is something wrong with you SVG path, try to open it in Illustrator, select all and choose; "make compound path" and save it once again to SVG file

Thank you @Charless , the problem is, this is not an imported vector, I drew it directly in Cheetah.. all splines in the same direction, then merged.

Is there a way to Export the .SGV to a path "we" could use in Illustrator? because the extruded .SVG path seems Okay

I was wondering the same thing but I haven't found a way :(. Yes the paths work fine for extrusion and other uses, I just found this strange behavior, I'm at a loss.

I was also wondering if there is a way to "unmerge". I thought "break segment" would do it but it doesn't. I wish I could separate the splines, unfortunately I merged them all together and didn't save a copy before that.

It seems that the spline tools are a bit limited.

* An interesting puzzle.
* I can replicate that the profile of the sweep flips by 90° when I turn one path of a merged spline (in my example 2 simple circles). I have no idea what is happening here :sick::mad::oops:

Screenshot 2019-10-04 at 08.48.27.png

* An interesting puzzle.
* I can replicate that the profile of the sweep flips by 90° when I turn one path of a merged spline (in my example 2 simple circles). I have no idea what is happening here :sick::mad::oops:

View attachment 34981

Thanks @Helmut for confirming the strange behavior, perhaps @Martin could take a look into this.

Maybe redraw as vector and import a new SVG as compound path?!

Yes, that's the last resort if there's no other remedy, I was hoping I could avoid retracing the logo.

I have an .AI file that the company that made my logo gave me, but they did it for 2D use, for 3D it is a mess, so I retraced it in Cheetah, as I only needed it for 3D. Now I wish I had traced it in a vector program.
--
This is what I was hoping to do with my logo. This is another logo I traced in Cheetah, I had no issues with this one, so it doesn't always happen I guess.

* When I rotate the faulty part of your spline by 90° it actually produces a correct sweep. After some fiddling I get this.

JRC logo.png

Attachments

• JRC Logo.jas.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 247
Back