Broken transforms: how to fix?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug. Looks like I managed to mess up my model.

I have two folders with transforms and I would like to move a model out of those folders while maintaining its world transform.

However, once I move it out, it's flipped.

The strange thing is: when I move it back in, it's still flipped!

I attached a video and the .jas to reproduce the problem. (In the video I accidentally move it into a instead of b, but the same problem occurs when moving into b).

Whether or not this is a bug: does anyone know a workaround for this? how can I apply the folder transforms to my model in a way to maintain its world transform?

I tried All sorts of freezing using "coord system" which didn't have an effect.

Attachments

• bug.zip
    309.5 KB · Views: 202
If you drag an object thats scale is 1-1-1 to another object/folder that is scaled to let's say 0.1-0.1-0.1,
Cheetah will keep the object the same size by scaling it up by 10, unless you hold the shift key.
Then the object will srink by 10 to and inherit the 0.1-0.1-0.1 scale.

It's the same with orientation. Drag an object with no rotation to one
with a rotation, the object itself doesn't rotate but look at the coords.

That's strange. When I open the file from the ZIP it looks OK, but it's definitely the one I had the problem with. perhaps, saving and reloading sometimes already resolves the issue but I don't know when, because the problem occurred in a file I had previously saved.

The Video is h.265 encoded, any Mac after 2017 should be able to play it in QuickTime player, but I think VLC can also play it in software on older Macs. I'm sorry, the upload constraints are rather small :) (500k)

I attached it again in h.264 format.

Attachments

• bug_h264.mov.zip
    315.3 KB · Views: 207
What´s the purpose of the transforming folders other then to confuse you? :D
Video plays on HighSierra´s QickTime Player.
Cheers
Frank
PS: I mean there´ s a transform-modifier!

Last edited:
The purpose of the folders is to transform models that I imported and that have the wrong scale. For example, I have 20 models I import and they're all wrong (but wrong in the same way). I put them in the folder and then transform the folder to get them to the size, rotation and scale I want. However, then I still need to freeze their transformations (because I want to get rid of the folders). When moving things out of those folders, the attached problem happens.

I've ben using the scale factor before, but I also have the problem that I sometimes get stuff exported from Maya or Blender where the upAxis is different than in Cheetah 3D.

Back