Having to drag mouse forever and ever.

MorganNilsson

Hey guys.

I am wondering if I am missing something, when using any tool, for example the bevel tool, I often have to drag my mouse forever and ever into a corner to reach a value I want. This is both exhausting and makes it really slow to work with Cheetah3D.

The problem is, that tools have a predefined sensitivity, the bevel tool is increasing in a distance increment of 0.001. As far as I can tell, there are no modifier keys so it can go in a 0.01 or 0.1 increment?

* The bevel tool has a quantize parameter.
* Similar for extrude, move, etc.
* You may also want to crank up the tracking speed in the system prefs in macOS.

Last edited:
* The bevel tool has a quantize parameter.
* Similar for extrude, move, etc.
* You may also want to crank up the tracking speed in the system prefs in macOS.

Actually discovered what was causing it... See this example: https://streamable.com/hso1o

The value multiplier it uses, is actually despite my initial belief "context" sensitive. It just fails completely in certain scenarios such as the beveled cube. Quantize displays the same behaviour.

Just in case you´re after that kind of box it´s fully parametric non-destructive producible with the advantage of odd sections:
ParametricBox.jpg

The drag movement+quantize of the bevel tool needs some attention I guess.

Cheers
Frank

Just in case you´re after that kind of box it´s fully parametric non-destructive producible with the advantage of odd sections:
View attachment 34882
The drag movement+quantize of the bevel tool needs some attention I guess.

Cheers
Frank

It happens with all the tools in such scenarios. And yeah, I am aware it can be done parametrically. Thanks :)

A bevel modifier would be neat. And negative values input for shell modifier. But that's for another thread and forum section.

Back