Multi scale tremolo bridge

Apparently a multi scale tremolo bridge does not exist that Kiesel Guitars will use on their instruments.

This got me thinking about it, and I can't help trying to come with some ideas.

Idea number one- Rack and Pinion, Torsion Bar Trem Bridge.

Using three bones and an IK handle with a Target at the center of the gear tube.
The Torsion system should fit in the gear tube... next

Rough concept
ms-trem-bridge.gif

That's pretty cool! I remember as a teen getting my first stratocaster knockoff (Squire) and not having any clue how those bridge saddles worked.

There are special considerations when tuning and changing strings with a trem,
with specific techniques so you don't have to tune 2 or 3 times.

I mostly play with a fixed bridge myself so I'm not sure,
but I think my saddles have to much travel.

I need to measure the trem saddle travel distance on my Strat.

Note: Never give a young first time guitar player an instrument
with a trem, they may give up when find they can't stay in tune.

Ha ha yeah! :D

My Squire had a tremolo on it and I would yank my cheap strings out of tune every time trying to play Joe Satriani songs. It didn't play that great, but it was built like a brick. It could take some serious abuse. Which was good since I was 15 at the time.

I bought a 79 reissue of a 59 Tabacco burst Les Paul after that one. Then I also got a cream colored Telecaster. I should have never gotten rid of those. I've had all kinds of stringed instruments over the years. Had a roommate a long time ago that had a ¾ sized sitar. That thing was so much fun to play. Sadly I don't have much time lately for playing.

I just (ten days ago) bought a normal classical (second hand beginners model) last week, fingers hurt, pain in my arms but getting my firts accords nailed

Nice! I had a classical guitar for a while. The Nylon strings are a little easier to play than the metal ones. The pain will go away after you practice for a while. I can remember going through all that when I first started. Keep at it. It can be a lot of fun once you get the basics down.

(of topic) Eddy Ate Dynamite, Good Bey Eddy, ive got half Metal (AED) and half nylon (GBA) :p Ill try to practice at least 10 minutes a day (of topic)

Back