Particle Array Testing

It's been a while since I dropped some particles.

Here's a cereal pour.

The particles are dropped onto an object that rolls them into the bowl.
The coolest thing here might be the one material on all the particles.

That's cool!..

I'm having fun with this myself, now playing with camera angles. My issue is the render times, it's going to take many hours for a 8 or 9 seconds render with Falcon, 720p, 120 spp, motion blur and dof, but hopefully it will look cool.. :)

This one was done with the Cheetah renderer- 24 fps- 297 frames- 600x450 pixels- just over two hours.
The first try was 15 hours 30 fps and 1000x600.

Falcon quality is great but slower unless you need good transparent/refractive caustics and such stuff.
For your cups I don't think you need Falcon, but don't let me stop you
I don't think I've seen much animation done with Falcon so go for it.

Added: I used Ambient Occlusion.

Last edited:
This one was done with the Cheetah renderer- 24 fps- 297 frames- 600x450 pixels- just over two hours.
The first try was 15 hours 30 fps and 1000x600.

Falcon quality is great but slower unless you need good transparent/refractive caustics and such stuff.
For your cups I don't think you need Falcon, but don't let me stop you
I don't think I've seen much animation done with Falcon so go for it.

Added: I used Ambient Occlusion.

After trying Falcon I just can't go back to cheetah. Being a photographer.. I just can't stand the fake look of GI, Radiosity, etc.. Path Tracing all the way for me.

And this is where I wish we had:

- Distributed rendering
- Pause and resume rendering
- Render in layers/passes
- GPU accelerated rendering

Right now after 10.5 hours I'm at frame 125 of 270 lol.. I might just stop it and continue rendering later (it could be a bit easier with a pause and resume function tho).

BTW, when you mentioned 24fps I went "damn!".. I should´ve thought about that frame rate.. it can save me a good deal of render time and look cinematic.. damn again! lol

After trying Falcon I just can't go back to cheetah. Being a photographer.. I just can't stand the fake look of GI, Radiosity, etc.. Path Tracing all the way for me.

And this is where I wish we had:

- Distributed rendering
- Pause and resume rendering
- Render in layers/passes
- GPU accelerated rendering

Right now after 10.5 hours I'm at frame 125 of 270 lol.. I might just stop it and continue rendering later (it could be a bit easier with a pause and resume function tho).

I've been using Falcon almost exclusively since the early C3D v7 betas, and never looked back. Except... a recent scene with neon signs. Cheetah renderer with radiosity was 10x+ faster and nicer results (IMO) for the neon light on surrounding objects.

— shift studio.

Back