Animated Short with Dialogue

Hey everybody,

This was a project I made using movie textures in Cheetah 3D to create a dialogue driven piece. The face is pretty simple but I think it gets the expressions across as the dialogue plays out. I created this spoof piece on an animated character auditioning for Finding Dory and it took about 2 months to make (most of that was creating the dialogue). Everything was done in Cheetah - lighting, animation, simulation, texturing and rendering but dialogue clips were created in separate software. Had a lot of fun with this one and have been meaning to get it out for some time. Apologies for the profanity, but I bleeped it all out!

Thanks for checking it out!

Haha, great humor!
I also love your short with the desk. I watched it several times. You are a fantastic animator.

Haha, great humor!
I also love your short with the desk. I watched it several times. You are a fantastic animator.

Really appreciate it your kind words. It was my first short and I was glad that I had a lot of fun with that one as well!

Fun !
You have great production skills ! (y)

Love:
the dialogue
the facial expressions
the body language (cleverly done ... and all you had was a jelly fish to work with)
the camera angles
the lip syncing

I can learn a lot from this.
Thanks for sharing!

Fun !
You have great production skills ! (y)

Love:
the dialogue
the facial expressions
the body language (cleverly done ... and all you had was a jelly fish to work with)
the camera angles
the lip syncing

I can learn a lot from this.
Thanks for sharing!

I was so excited when Cheetah 3D supported movie textures because I really wanted to create some dialogue driven pieces with it. Thanks for sharing your kind words Jeanny, I really appreciate it!

Really appreciate it your kind words. It was my first short and I was glad that I had a lot of fun with that one as well!

I already thought that was your first, and that's why it inspired me so much. I figured if the guy did this on his own (so not a whole team), maybe I can do it too. :) Certainly not so good, but at least somehow. You write in your description: "Honestly, I just want people to see how awesome computer graphics software is cuz I've had a blast learning it and want to spread that joy to others." With me you have done that every case!
I also find it very clever how you did achieve the greatest possible effect with some simple means.

I already thought that was your first, and that's why it inspired me so much. I figured if the guy did this on his own (so not a whole team), maybe I can do it too. :) Certainly not so good, but at least somehow. You write in your description: "Honestly, I just want people to see how awesome computer graphics software is cuz I've had a blast learning it and want to spread that joy to others." With me you have done that every case!
I also find it very clever how you did achieve the greatest possible effect with some simple means.

Wow, thanks! So glad you were inspired by my work, it really means a lot. I like the idea of doing some sorta advanced stuff with novice level software, because it means that anybody can get started too!

Keep on it, the fact that you already made a short shows that you are dedicated enough to see it through which is half the battle. Keep up the good work!

Back