Particle system problem

I have a very low poly tree and it has a particle system (mesh) to make the tree top. then the trunk. This is grouped( Tree Group) now I want to put the group into another particle system ( spline) in the result I'm getting the leaves are not showing up in the particle system (spline). Is it because there is a particle system in the tree group? I enclosed the file, and an image.
ZZ5B6F3BE7.jpg

Attachments

• ParticleProblem.jas.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 218
Is it because there is a particle system in the tree group?
Yes, nested particle systems don't work in Cheetah.
You need to collapse the leaf particles (tools/particle/particle->polygon) first.
I don't know what the collapsing does to the UV-maps though, you'll have to retexture the new leaf mesh.

Yes, nested particle systems don't work in Cheetah.
You need to collapse the leaf particles (tools/particle/particle->polygon) first.
I don't know what the collapsing does to the UV-maps though, you'll have to retexture the new leaf mesh.
Bummer that’s no good because then I lose the particle tag which allows me to have variety in the leaf groupings.

Hi Uncle Bob
:unsure: Not sure if this is of any use to you:
:oops: Whilst you can´t stack particle meshes (PM) in a hierarchy, you can use a PM as the mesh base for a further PM.
* I also added instancing options for foliages {spring, summer and autumn}
Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 16.07.34.png

Attachments

• Foliage.jas.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 205
Ok,
- use spline particle system to place trunks
- use same spline with different particle system (same parameters) to distribute grid meshes.
- collapse grid mesh particle system in one big polygon object
- now use this object for particle mesh to place leaves with particle tag

oops, Helmut beat me to it :)

Thanks guys I get it. but the problem with doing this besides losing the particle tag, is BANG! up goes the polycount.
But Thanks any way. And sorry I forgot to include the texture in the file. I always forget that.

Back