How to bake procedural textures used in PBR materials?

Since procedural textures obviously can’t be automatically exported to a gLTF file if they are used to drive metallic, roughness, AO, and bump maps on a PBR shader, what is the correct set up for baking them each separately to an image file?

It would be nice if there were a simple way to do this. I think the closest we could do right now is animate a render tag.

I would find this interesting to know as well. I'll have to revisit all the options on the Render Tag and experiment. I don't think you can animate because the baking feature is not available on animations; so the render tag would have to be adjusted manually for each image needed.

Yes I too have been meaning to ask more about how this would be done using the render tag and animation? I haven't had time to explore this either.

You'd animate the tag and then manually bake at different points in the timeline. Pretty kludgy but better than manually setting the tag perhaps.

I guess another option would be a script that changes the tag and fires off renders, although again I'm not sure if you can trigger baking from scripts.

I simply (or so I thought) want to create a shiny metallic (like chrome) texture which can be exported with the model for use in another app. Is there a tutorial on how to go about it? Why is this so hard and require so much manual effort? :(

Back