Older versions of Cheetah?

I opened an old project from 2 years ago and some things don't seem to be rendering correctly. So I want to check it in the version I used, which would have been in February 2017. I went to the News section, which lists all the Cheetah release versions and found I would most likely have been using one of the 7.0 beta versions before the final 7.0 release on October 2017.

So:
(1) Anyone know what beta version was in circulation in Feb 2017?
(2) How can I download older versions? The site lists older versions but the one for v7.0 actually downloads most (nearly) recent v7.3.3.

NOTE: I also tried beta testers forum but the link there goes to a dead page.

Maybe this will help: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/12243/
7beta20.jpg

Cheers
Frank

Frank that one links to 7.3.3 as well. But thanks anyway. I examined my scene more closely and it seems like the issue is with the membrane material, which has a high degree of noise I do not remember getting in the original project. Just wondering if the membrane shader might have changed since then?

Thanks Frank. Let me prepare the file. I don't need the entire scene rendered - just want to try and figure out why there is so much noise, and also very long render time.

Hi Pegot. I have a whole bunch of 7.0 beta releases, and other early versions of v7, which I can try to upload to my webspace if you like.

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 7.10.31 am.png

Pegot, beta 19 and beta 20 are from January 2017, then it jumps to beta 28, which is September 2017.

Maybe I'll try beta 20 ?

ok well I feel a little silly. First off I was working with a slightly wrong file but more importantly I realize now that when I brought the renders into After Effects, I applied a heavy amount of noise reduction from Neat Video - which is what ultimately gave me the look I wanted. And as for animation, looking back on the original renders I see each frame did take about 5 - 6 minutes.

Hey Paul I loaded my scene into v7 Beta 20 that you uploaded for me and there actually is a small difference in the rendering. The old beta version is a bit lighter and softer (which I like) and the arrangement of colors from the Particle Picker material are just slightly different.

Attachments

• Then-and-Now.jpg
    Then-and-Now.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 217
Back