Rotating paths of a compound spline

:unsure: Is there a way to rotate the paths of a "compound" spline individually?
* I have here a spine consisting of 3 paths and I want (if possible) to rotate the individual components, each comprised of 3 path hops, by selecting the root of each path (presumably plus all points above the root).
* On a single point select, the transform widget rotates as expected, but nothing happens to the spline.
* I can select more points of the spline and rotate around the "centre of gravity" of the selected points (which distorts the entire spline), but I can't transfer the pivot of these selected points to some useful "root node" which acts as a hinge.
* I am aware that that can be achieved by point recording, bit this is a bit messy and seems untidy to me :mad:

* In the attached screen shot I want to select a point (red arrow) and rotate the top end of the spline (blue circle) around the Y-axis.
* Thank you for any advice.
Spline 01.png

* Heurika, ZooHead, this works!
* If my limited Greek had not totally disappeared into the darkest recesses of my memory, I would have attempted to conjugate that into the second person singular :unsure:
* In the short run, no animation. Subsequent takes showing different spline geometries will do at this stage. If there is a trick for animation, I would appreciate if you would share it. This is a set of videos on neuronal nets, so animated neurons will be useful for later stuff on plasticity, learning and pathology.
* Thanks for the help.

* Thanks again. This should greatly simplify my concepts for the composition of future / more complex models of the central / peripheral nervous system.
* I got a bit frustrated and grumpy after running against brick walls. In hindsight, it seems rather obvious and nicely fits our Good Doctor´s intuitive tool box.
* Thinking in splines seems to require a much more abstract mindset. Which is probably why the members of the noted band Splın̈al Tap died from spontaneous combustion or exploded on stage :eek::oops::devilish:

File attached.

Your work is always interesting, and I learn some great names of things like the "Nodes of Ranvier".
Looking at a Bohdaguru video.

Attachments

• Nueron Rotate.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 213
:unsure: Yes indeed, neuroscience (and cytology and genetics and protein folding and ...) is an interesting area of research and modelling. What I find liberating from the modelling aspect is that, initially, I am working less with 3D objects than with amorphous concepts. There is an - almost - infinite degree of freedom for creative experimentation.
:sick: There is also a wide degree of freedom for total failure and abject frustration where "glorious" ideas wander into the rubbish bin after days or weeks of futile brainstorming. Fortunately, futile brainstorms can be recycled in later projects

:devilish: Another great advantage: Brainstorming can be executed, somewhat inexpensively, in my regular pub / medieval wine bar in the soothing company of a glass of mildly toxic poison whilst idly gazing out of the window. If need be, the beverage can also serve as medication for the above mentioned frustration.

Back