Announcing PBRtist Open Beta

I'm curious why the 'height' slider for the displacement map is apparently inverted. i.e. height decreases as you increase the slider value.
--shift studio.
The 'Height' slider correctly should named 'Height Field Radius'. This is a filter which produces a continuous three-dimensional, loft-shaped height field from the output of top layered filters with the given radius. In contrast to blur it keeps the hard contrast edges.

Maybe I should rename this to 'Loft' or 'Bezel' and tweak the slider values a bit more.

Here an example with a blur value of 0.0

Height: 0
Height Field Radius 0.jpg

Height 10:
Height Field Radius 10.jpg

The good news: This is a great tool. So great I bought it.

The bad news: It will not let me register with the code I was provided. (I copied and pasted, there should be no typos) I have copies of both the invoice and code.

Who/how should I contact to get this issue resolved?

Edit: N/M I got it to work. There is a little instruction error on the register page. It says "use the name below", but there was no name on that page. Apparently it pulled my full name from Amazon pay. I rarely use my full name. I did not expect that to be tied to a registration code. That does not bother me, just did not expect it.

Last edited:
Edit: N/M I got it to work. There is a little instruction error on the register page. It says "use the name below", but there was no name on that page. Apparently it pulled my full name from Amazon pay. I rarely use my full name. I did not expect that to be tied to a registration code. That does not bother me, just did not expect it.
Thank you for the info.

The order process is handled by my payment provider. I have checked the configuration for the "Post Order Instructions" and fixed a problem there. Furthermore I forwarded your problem to my payment provider.

I have just released: PBRtist Version 1.0.b6 (1309).

New in this version:

- Renamed displacement 'Height' control to 'Loft' and updated the possible slider values from 0.0 to 1.0
- Added a new Loft example.
- Fixed a bug where is was not possible to import a configuration from an existing PBR Document Package file.
- Fixed a bug on macOS 10.13 where the SceneView does not display any content.

Last edited: