Grid spacing

Bruce H

I am trying to figure out way to increase the number of grid lines in my model. I am using C3D to model sculptures and then create sections through the objects at different heights in order to fabricate them. All that works fine well but I need to have many more lines in the background grid as I am just doing screen captures at the different slices through the object. Is there a simple way to increase or decrease the spacing of the lines of the grid?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 4.10.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 4.10.12 PM.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 4.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 4.10.26 PM.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 206
Hi and Welcome!
Right now there´ s no way to alter the grid at all - just raster snapping width - other than scale up your object so its covered by more grid lines.
I for myself never used this kind of approach and skip the Preferences (cmd+,)->3D View Grid (Small Step) completely by making it 100% transparent. You can of course make you´re own squared grid and use it with the Blueprint object (Scene->Blueprint).
How do you integrate the grid spacing in your workflow? Just curious.

Cheers
Frank

Thank you for your super prompt reply. I will try the Blueprint object solution. We actually build the sculptures by laminating wooden sections together. We use the sections generated from C3D to cut wooden pieces which are then laminated together. The grid enables us to line and join the sections correctly. Smaller pieces require a finer grid pattern.

We have not updated to the current version of C3D but are using 6.3.4. We notice that if we open some files with nested Boolean operations which go 3 or more levels deep in 7.3.1 it does not show them correctly.? We assume there has been a change in how the Boolean operations are handled 7.3.1?

Thank you.
Bruce

Attachments

• Tetrad.jpg
    Tetrad.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 194
We assume there has been a change in how the Boolean operations are handled 7.3.1?
Since v7 we have nGon Booleans (Carve Library) - you can´t compare with the former version. The hierarchy set-up changed since then; please look up Help->Cheetah3d samples->Modeling->Booleans.jas to have a closer look.
The image looks incredible! I like it when virtual 3d objects emerge into something real. I sometimes go the other way around. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Back