Cheetah Renderer

Cheetah Renderer

With all the time and energy we've devoted to Falcon over the last couple of years (!) it's worth remembering just what a kickass renderer the old "Cheetah" render is.

Also, instead of a "camera light" I think there should be a "camera HDRI" (with background switched off).

The robot image was rendered at 2048x2048 in under 3s on a Macbook Pro.

The ship in a bottle (which was a setup designed to show off and test Falcon) was rendered at 1920x1080 in under 100s (by the way, this should be C3D's default resolution these days). (Does this scene look amazing when rendered with Falcon? Yes, yes it does. But 95% of people looking at it wouldn't notice the difference. And it would take 25x longer to render at, say, 400spp.)

Attachments

• robot.jpg
    robot.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 285
  • ship in bottle.jpg
    ship in bottle.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
:smile: I second the motion.

That sounds like a very good idea to me if it would fit into martin's development schedule.

I find working with the HDRI's is a lot easier and I have a better chance over all to achieve a better render if I use a HDRI.

As was mentioned somewhere: there would be a better chance of beginners successfully rendering matts like metal.
I think there are C3Ders who have been hanging around for a while who aren't aware of the importance of HDRI's for certain matts.

Oops! I posted on the wrong thread. Please see: https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=113706#top

My Best
Jeanny

Last edited:
Back