Possibe point selection issue with High Sierra 10.13.6

Possibe point selection issue with High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else having issues with Cheetah on High Sierra 10.13.6? I can't seem to select points on my model, it will select all with command A but I can't seem to select with the mouse cursor. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 13.21.39.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 13.21.39.png
    368 KB · Views: 294
Maybe check the selection radius in the select tool?
And might consider the "auto-mode" in the transform tool - if that's your main selection tool.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the help, neither option seemed to work. I think I will have to start again as when I open a new document and place a box in the scene I can select the points. It's a bit odd.

Thanks again

Here is the file for you to look at. Don't worry too much about it as I have started fresh and it seems to be working for now. :icon_thumbup:

Attachments

• Bear v3.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 221

Cheetah leaves points behind when deleting polygons.
Plus you left some polygons behind as well.

Try to delete the points before you proceed.
When deleting half, do it in point mode if possible.

Here's your the file with Symmetry turned off.

Attachments

• Pointcloud.jpg
    Pointcloud.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 277
Hi thanks for taking a look, yes I am aware that I left the points behind, because I cou;dn't select them so I experimented by deleting the polys but I still couldn't select the points to dlete/move them. were you able to select the points?

Cheers.

I´d say there´s definitely something wrong with your file - even though "optimise-tool" will rescue it (weld close vertices is the key here; the transform-tool shows not-a-number and there´re loose edges which can´t be solved by the optimise tool. Maybe Martin should have a look into it.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• looseEdges.jpg
    looseEdges.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 284
I'm having the same problem as well, using 7.3b. I was just using the shell tool on the leg of my zombie, now selections don't show up and the position of the components is always NaN.

I'm providing the file if anyone wants to analyse it.

Attachments

• Zombie Model.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 199
Hi and Welcome!
That´s for sure another mysterious case (looks like the same issue though) and needs an inspection by Martin the developer of Cheetah3d.
I will lead him to this thread shortly.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks all for the feedback I think it seems to be working now on the new file I started. My next issue is unwrapping the UV, I really stuggle with this bit of the 3D character process I have started added seams where I thought they should go, but I don't think I'm doing it right as my mesh still looks a mess! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 11.47.18.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 11.47.18.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 256
Hopefully you still got the mesh with the modiefier intact, because you just need to unwrap one half and can mirror the other side in UV-editor.
I showed the process a few times, but couldn't find it. (and I'm not on a Mac right now)

Cheers
Frank

Hopefully you still got the mesh with the modiefier intact, because you just need to unwrap one half and can mirror the other side in UV-editor.
I showed the process a few times, but couldn't find it. (and I'm not on a Mac right now)

Cheers
Frank
I hope you can find it.
I like to see that.
I did a google search but found nothing.

Back