Camera Background

Camera Background

* I frequently use a static background for renderings and animations. It is a "cheap" method to optically connect different takes detailing some general topic.
* The render manager shows a "correct" result, ie the C3D model and the .png background on a white panel.
:confused: The resulting movies, however, consistently show a pitch black panel.
* When opening the .jas, the view port also shows a black background. This BG instantly reverts to white on any click / selection in the C3D window.
* I am reasonably sure that this worked faultlessly in previous versions (C3D and MacOSX).

* Does anybody experience identical problems?
* If so, is a solution known?
* Thank you!

Attachments

• SS1.png
    SS1.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 259
  • SS2.png
    SS2.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 249
Are you using Mojave already? Looks like expected on macOS HighSierra.
The Pitch-Black variant is still present when a transparent camera background is used - it´s QuickTime´s fault not being able to handle transparency.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• MovBG.jpg
    MovBG.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 254
* Thank you, Frank!
* Yep, I am on Mojave 10.14.1 ßeta, which probably explains why I never had this problem before. Regenerating the background image seems to have solved the issue
:tongue: Cheers to Hamburg

* I don't think this is really sufficiently important for the Good Doctor.
* From memory, I originally used a historic drawing by Cajal (a noted early histologist in neurology, and, I hope, long past copyright) and edited that in Pixelmator to get a set of related fuzzy fibrous neuronal nets on a transparent background.
* Skipping the transparency apparently suffices to get the expected fuzzy stuff on a white panel.

I do remember having an issue with transparency a while back. Saving to one of the pro-res formats solved the problem. I can’t recall which one though.

Back