New User

New User

Hello,
I am a new and naive registered user of Chetah 3D so bear with me please. I first followed the initial practice recommendations and I can not see the Materials Texture (LOAD) button after I choose the material. I am sure it is a simple thing.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

Jimmy:smile:
function DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) { object.DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url);} }; function Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url); }; function NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url); } function Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url); };

I may misunderstand your question but:
* to apply a material to an object (either an entire object or a specific selection of polys) you simply drag the icon from the materials panel to either
1 the object in the view port
2 the object in the object browser panel

Servus from Vienna
What does a naive bear have to do with all this ?
Pooh! :tongue:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.11.20.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.11.20.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.10.53.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.10.53.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 228
Thank you!

Right! Thank you so much.
I was just looking at the first tutorial in the manual and it showed a dialog box "menu" that was suppose to appear after a material was selected that allowed one to modify texture and it showed a load button.
Here is the text from the first tutorial making a world map.
"material: To add the world map texture to our newly created material click onto the word"texture" at the right side of the diffuse channel.
A menu will now pop up.Please select"Textures ->image". This will connect a image texture node to the diffuse color channel.
The texture properties will now be visible.Toload the texture click on the "Load"button. Use the image file that contains the texture you want to map onto your world."

I must be missing something when I try to follow the directions.

Jimmy:(
function DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) { object.DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url);} }; function Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url); }; function NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url); } function Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url); };

Ooops, I did, indeed, misunderstand the question.
Hang on a tick and I provide a short screen shot.

* Click on the material you have selected
* in the Properties panel, next to the diffuse parameter (and others) you notice a square indicator button
* click on this button.
* the texture panel opens where you can load (remove, edit) an existing texture and set the required parameters
* the OS opens a dialogue where you can select a texture to apply to the material
Servus from Vienna

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.11.11.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.11.11.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.19.48.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.19.48.png
    43 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.10.38.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.10.38.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 221
Depending on the complexity of the material, you may want to use the node editor to apply C3D textures. There are numerous threads on this topic in the forum.
Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.35.22.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.35.22.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 198
New User

When I click on that box only this comes up:

Attachments

• texturepanel.jpg
    texturepanel.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 201
New User

Please ignore the text above photo.
Jimmy

A Gradiant is a filter and not a texture. As such it is dysfunctional without input nodes. There is a Q&D (quick and dirty) intro to the node system available in the forum (check the tutorial section) which gives you a general idea of the tool. It is quite complex and requires some grasp of medium math(s).
* I suggest that you describe exactly what you want to achieve and possibly post the .jas of you model.
Servus from Vienna

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.35.22.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 18.35.22.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 201
Back